Re: FTP support

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Mitch Blevins wrote:
> > It is not good enough if you don't want the dangling symlink for
> > users who have not upgraded their libapt-pkg-dev from 0.3.1 or earlier.
> > You can do this with no manual tweaking using (in libapt-pkg-dev)
>
> Naw, there are very few people who have those two -dev packages, we can
> leave them unsupported (those .debs never made it into the archive anyhow)
>
> All the other library packages use this scheme of a simple depends
> relation so I think it is OK?

Well, alrighty then.
I just want to (for the record) state that any dangling symlink bug
reports are Not My Fault(tm).

And I *do* think we will get some complaints, because the dangling
symlink is very visible because it shows up as an error message
during each and every call to ldconfig.

Until next time,
-Mitch