Problems with apt..

Could you investigate this, please?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:51:59 -0600
From: Erick Kinnee <ekinnee1@airmail.net>
To: debian-gtk-gnome@lists.debian.org
Subject: Problems with apt

I decided to try Jules' gnome staging area. (stage-2 that is) Now for some
reason with deb http://www.debian.org/~jules/gnome-stage-2 unstable main
in /etc/apt/sources.list I still show the old versions available. The new
1.0 stuff does not appear to be available. I have manually deleted apts
lists and cache files, but it doesn't help. Anybody else see this?

--
                                     __   _
Erick Kinnee                |   -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __

On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 09:51:59PM -0600, Erick Kinnee wrote:

> I decided to try Jules' gnome staging area. (stage-2 that is) Now for
> some reason with deb http://www.debian.org/~jules/gnome-stage-2 unstable
> main in /etc/apt/sources.list I still show the old versions available.
> The
> new 1.0 stuff does not appear to be available. I have manually deleted
> apts lists and cache files, but it doesn't help. Anybody else see this?

I had the exact same problem, I never did figure it out and just gave up.
Running glibc2.1 here with aptv3

--
/-----------------------------------------------------------\
|Stephen Crowley      stephenc@wf.net, crow@debian.org      |

> I decided to try Jules' gnome staging area. (stage-2 that is) Now for some =
> reason with deb http://www.debian.org/~jules/gnome-stage-2 unstable main in=
>  /etc/apt/sources.list I still show the old versions available. The new 1.0=
>  stuff does not appear to be available. I have manually deleted apts lists =
> and cache files, but it doesn't help. Anybody else see this?

FWIW, Mine still updates and shows the new packages.
The relevant line in /etc/apt/sources.list is

deb http://www.debian.org/~jules/gnome-stage-2 unstable main

I ran 'apt-get update', then went into dselect and did an update
to refresh it's cache with the apt cache.  Then, viewing the files
in dselect still shows the newer versions of gnome.

-Mitch

On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 09:57:17PM -0600, Stephen Crowley wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 09:51:59PM -0600, Erick Kinnee wrote:
> > I decided to try Jules' gnome staging area. (stage-2 that is) Now for some reason with deb http://www.debian.org/~jules/gnome-stage-2 unstable main in /etc/apt/sources.list I still show the old versions available. The new 1.0 stuff does not appear to be available. I have manually deleted apts lists and cache files, but it doesn't help. Anybody else see this?
> >

> I had the exact same problem, I never did figure it out and just gave up.
> Running glibc2.1 here with aptv3

Didn't include that, but I do run glibc2.1 and apt3 myself.

--
                                     __   _