Re: apt run error

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Mitch Blevins wrote:

> Yes, this is a bad thing to have more than one version of apt_0.3.0
> floating around.  I assume the apt team was looking to release a 0.3.0
> final version which is why I did not make any changes to their revision.

There are like 20 different 0.3.0's floating around, all with little
tweaks to fix certain peoples bugs. I can't recall if the shared library
changed incompatibly, but current CVS certainly has :>

> Or should we just make an apt 0.3.1 for gnome-apt?

apt should provide libapt-pkg2.0 and gnome-apt should have an unversioned
depends on libapt-pkg2.0 that will solve most of the problems we will
have, and we should have a 0.3.1 but I was waiting for ftp support to do
that :<