Re: apt 0.3.0

Hello, I'm alive :-)

On Jan 29, Daniel Burrows decided to present us with:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 10:47:53AM -0600, Havoc Pennington was heard to say:
> >
> > DKI is Delete Keep Install; you can't turn them off because they are the
> > whole point of the application.
>
>   Ok.  Could you explain exactly what's going on with Delete Keep Install?  I
> don't exactly see how they're supposed to work.

Basically, you must unlearn dselect to understand this. Keep is
"don't touch", delete is delete and install is "apt-get install"
and I don't see the confusion unless you're too used to dselect
:-)

> > >    I'd expect the subtree of a package to be the contents of the package.
> >
> > You mean a list of files in it? Is that useful?
>
>   Maybe, or maybe just not give them a subtree.  It just seems kind of strange
> to find the dependancies of a package under it hierarchically.

IMHO it should be configurable and, as it's unintuitive, default
to off. Then, as it is useful, it should be easy to turn on. :-)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.