Re: Gnome-apt debs now available

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Mitch Blevins wrote:
>
> > > That gives nicer displays with APT - to do so you must generate the
> > > package file in ~mblevin and put it in gnome-apt.
> >
> > I don't want to put a Packages in my base public_html, but
> > you can also access this thru
> >
> > deb http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/apt gnome-apt/
>
> No you can't, your paths are like this:
>
> Filename: ./apt_0.3.0_i386.deb
>
> They need to be
>
> Filename: gnome-apt/apt_0.3.0_i386.deb
>
> Now how you do that is like this:
>
> cd ~/public_html
> dpkg-scanpacakges gnome-apt/ /dev/empty | gzip > gnome-apt/Packages.gz

Thanks Jason...
I was trying to be too clever with symlinks for my own good and make
it work also with the original posting.

You should be able to access now thru either the original post:

deb http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/gnome-apt ./

Or thru the following (which will be used for all future releases):

deb http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/apt gnome-apt/

-Mitch