... no installation candidate !?

Hello,

what exactly does apt-get 0.1.5 mean if it tells
Package foobar has no installation candidate
!?
This error message is very confusing, and I couldn't find even the
word "candidate" mentioned in _both_ /usr/doc/apt _and_ "man apt"
by grepping !!!!!!!!
I assume that you mean that no FTP location could be found for this package
(should be in sources.list, I assume).
PLEASE change that to a much more meaningful message and document it !
(maybe it's already fixed in newer apt-get versions, though, you never know
with Linux)

Thank you very much !

(after all I only want to be sure that Debian becomes even more user friendly
than it already is :-)

P.S.: The APT automatic FTP fetch system is very convenient !
Due to being one of the main Wine developers and Wine user consultant
I perfectly know how important non-confusing error messages are ;-)

--
Andreas Mohr		Tel.: +49 7159 800604 private (preferred)
Stauferstr. 6			       927883 main line (family)