Re: apt-cdrom in 0.3.0

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Lalo Martins wrote:

> > > I've been trying apt-cdrom. Just one comment till now... "-a"
> > > uses stat, and stat is in its own package (optional even!). So
> > > apt should at least "Suggests: stat" shouldn't it?
> >
> > Erm, stat as in the system call not the program :>
>
> Hmm. By "No such file or directory" I assumed it was the
> program. :-)

It was talking about the file it tried to stat..

The problem is that you have packages.gz but no packages, I've fixed the
CVS version to work 'correctly' but it will not be able to use your CD. I
assume this is something you burned yourself and not something you bought?

Otherwise I will have to do something about it. Perhaps an apt-cdrom
genpackages (call dpkg-scanpackages) is the way to go for such
uber-damaged cdroms.