Re: apt-cdrom in 0.3.0

On Dec 29, Jason Gunthorpe decided to present us with:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Lalo Martins wrote:
>
> > I've been trying apt-cdrom. Just one comment till now... "-a"
> > uses stat, and stat is in its own package (optional even!). So
> > apt should at least "Suggests: stat" shouldn't it?
>
> Erm, stat as in the system call not the program :>

Hmm. By "No such file or directory" I assumed it was the
program. :-)

> Now this is just odd. try ls -l /cdrom/debian/netscape ? It probably
> should not give those sorts of errors, could your perhaps strace it and
> mime me the compressed output?

Indeed "No such file or directory" doesn't make a lot of sense.

> > Otherwise, seems great... I finally have apt working in my
> > machine except for this CD :-) (I need -a for it because I
> > didn't remember to generate "Packages" files for it b4 burning)
>
> -a doesn't magically create package files, it just searches a little bit
> harder for ones that might exist. You still need to have them.

Hmm too bad :-( I can't create package files for an
already-existing CD...

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls