Re: gdselect alpha 3 [libapt]

[talk about gnome-apt and gdeb themselves suspended till the
screenshots ;-)]

On Nov 25, Jason Gunthorpe decided to present us with:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > I do like those web pages. An unrelated concern: How can we get a
> > description of each section in Apt? Is it already there somehow?
>
> There are no section descriptions.. If you want that it would have to
> distributed with APT somehow.

The pages are generated by mkbroch (which is in experimental, if
anyone wants to try it out, but is a bitch to compile). It uses
two files: etc/mkbroch/sections for section descriptions, and
etc/mkbroch/dist-list for distribution descriptions.

Maybe we should leech these files and stick them to some
standard location (/etc/apt?) where mkbroch, gdeb and anyone
else can read them. At least that's what I was thinking of doing
for gdeb. :-)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls