Re: New version (yeah!)

    Jason> Okay. It's done, it works, it fixes 20 bugs :> The only
    Jason> limitations from the 0.1.x series is that it does not
    Jason> support HTTP pipelining (http is much slower) or FTP.

    Jason> The only problem is that the man pages are out of date (esp
    Jason> apt-cache) and the config file is not documented. I have
    Jason> updated the users guide already and made some -minor-
    Jason> tweaks to the man pages.

    Jason> So, we need packaging and a quiet release into
    Jason> experimental. It is to be called 0.3.0.

Should I change the source package name to be apt3 so as to not
conflict with the one in the main archives? Or can things be uploaded
into experimental without overriding the main ones?

    Jason> On the libapt issue, I think that for now we should simply
    Jason> have these packages:

    Jason> apt libapt-dev libapt-doc [Maybe combine with above?
    Jason> Whatever makes sense]

Okay, for now, that's all right.

    Jason> I'm going to work on the CDROM method now and Adam is still
    Jason> working on the FTP method. I expect to have working CDROM
    Jason> support by the end of the week, so please hurry with the
    Jason> Docs + Packaging, it would be nice to have a stable release
    Jason> available for slinks release.

How about the HTTP method? If it's slow, that's not so great :)

Will your CDROM method support multiple CDs?

--
Brought to you by the letters X and A and the number 16.
"Killer refresh rate! It's even got a PCI bus!" -- Hackers