Faure upgrade

Wow. That was hugely painfull! I just upgraded faure from slink a week
ago to slink today and all I can say is -ouch-

First off faure was running an unpatched redhat kernel so when dpkg was
upgraded it suddenly decided to use lchown which didn't exist which
completely broke dpkg. Installing a new kernel kindly compiled by someone
else fixed this.

Then for some -insane- reason when libc6 was upgraded init decided to
start running fsck on the MOUNTED! disks, needless to say we narrowly
escaped massive file system corruption by rebooting.. Aynone know whats up
here?

And my final gripe, apt Aborts() when you do update, why didn't
someone tell me! :> It's fixed in CVS now, might make the 0.1.9 release
which should be rsn.