Re: apt problems...

> At this point it is not an apt-get error.  Something is wrong with libc6-doc.
> It might be better to ask on debian-devel, as that has more subscribers.  I
> don't know on this one.
ok i subscribed, but i have problems with dselect since the beginning....
ex:
running dpkg --pending --remove ...
dpkg: error processing libc6-doc (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
 libc6-doc

dpkg --remove returned error exit status 1.
Press RETURN to continue.

thus it isn't possible to reinstall this package nor to remove it.... really
frustrating....

that's all the broken packages i have that can't be installed nor removed and
that often block installation of other programs :(

Setting up gmp2 (2.0.2-6) ...
install-info: No such file or directory for Development
dpkg: error processing gmp2 (--configure):
Setting up libc6-dev (2.0.7u-2) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gmp2-dev:
 gmp2-dev depends on gmp2; however:
  Package gmp2 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing gmp2-dev (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ssh:
 ssh depends on gmp2 (>= 2.0.2); however:
  Package gmp2 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing ssh (--configure):
Setting up auto-pgp (1.04-1) ...
install-info: unrecognized option `--description=PGP tools for command-line and
Emacs use.'
        Try `install-info --help' for a complete list of options.
dpkg: error processing auto-pgp (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ssh-askpass:
 ssh-askpass depends on ssh (= 1.2.26-1); however:
  Package ssh is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing ssh-askpass (--configure):

anyway thanks for your advice

ciao
bboett
acount at earthling net
http://erm6.u-strasbg.fr/~bboett
Unsolicited commercial email is NOT welcome at this email address
To contact me replace acount by bboett in above addresses