suggestion

I think it'd be great if apt was able to update the Packages list with
rsync.  This is probably difficult since it would require an anon rsync
server on the debian mirror sites, but it would save a LOT of bandwidth.
That means a lot to those of us who have to pay for bandwidth.

Currently each time a new package is out or something gets upgraded, I have
to download 2Mb or so of the new Packages file instead of simply getting
only what has changed since the last time I ran "apt-get update".

--
Matt