[Fwd: Re: apt & dists/stable-upgrades DOESN'T WORK]

Hi,

I guess this is the right place to forward this problem to.
If you reply to this, plase send a copy to janssen@ipo.tue.nl
since I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks,

Ruud Janssen.
--- Begin Message ---
On Fri, Aug 21, 1998 at 10:02:46AM +0200, Ruud Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This doesn't seem to work for me. This is my /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Debian/dists/ stable-updates/
> deb ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Debian stable main contrib
> non-us
>
> First, "apt-get update" is indeed fetching the Packages files from all
> of
> the sources specified in sources.list. Since this is okay, I think
> there's
> nothing wrong with sources.list.
 Yes this one looks good.

> Second, "apt-get upgrade" comes up with a number of packages selected
 Well i've never used it in this manner. I'm used to control what gets
installed on my system and prefer manualy selecting with dselect =o)

> But when "apt-get upgrade" is fetching "cfingerd" (the first package)
> I get an error. If you look in stable-updates, you'll find that there
> are many versions of cfingerd: .diff.gz, .dsc, _i386.changes, _i386.deb,
> _m68k.changes and _m68k.deb.
 I think this is a bug and should be mailed to whoever is responsible for apt
(hey it 0.15 version so it has to have bugs =o)

> So my question remains: is it possible at all to use the stable-updates
> directory for an automatic upgrade?
 Probably not =o(

--
 Robert Ramiega   | robert@pdi.net    IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate