Re: Hamm CD's

On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 11:34:26PM -0700, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
: >>>>> "Heiko" == Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@datom.de> writes:
:
:     Heiko> We're selling and testing the multi-cd feature.  [But
:     Heiko> beware: it's a hack und should be replace by some more
:     Heiko> advanced things like apt ...]
:
: I'm Cc: ing this to the APT mailing list.

That's fine.   Since my mail to Jason (?) wasn't answered.  So
we considered to hack apt ourself, but Sven (sr1) had have
a look into the sources and was convinced that this isn't the
Right Way ;-)  It should be left to the apt author(s).

: How can we work together to merge the changes you've made to dpkg
: with apt?

We should discuss about the changes I made to the CD layout.  The
dpkg-multicd methods will be out of interest since apt doesn't rely on
these methods, does it?

apt should detect the presence of a multi-CD layout (either in the local
CDROM-drive or on a remote CDROM-drive (mounted via NFS) or used via
FTP) and should care about it.

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@{schlittermann.de,debian.org,sax.de} -----
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92