Re: I'm back and have time for deity

On 29 Jun 1998, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Tom> Hi! I've been lurking around here for quite a while, because
>     Tom> I had lots of work to do. But, now I don't, so I have lots of
>     Tom> time for deity. So, my question is, what can I do to help?
>
> Most of the current issues are about APT's ftp method. It currently
> uses a very sub-par Perl module which has no error catching
> whatsoever.

Yes, if you understand Perl's FTP library then that is fairly important to
fix, it seems to effect alot of people.

The make system continues to give me just grirf, I really loath libtool,
it easially adds +20% time wise to my compiles, adds -rpath, doesn't work
properly if the package is already installed (because of rpath :|), echos
crap during the build, etc, etc, etc :<<

I'm working on cleaning up the pkglib and I want to produce some docs for
it before continuing into the gui. Do you have any recomendations for a
format for C++ class-centric docs?