Re: archtable addition

Your message dated: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 00:11:44 MDT

>On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, job bogan wrote:
>
>> configure'ing apt-0.0.15 fails on PPros because there is no entry like:
>>
>> i686    i386    i486
>
>Odd, this works on VA ok, I added the entries though.

ahh, but are you using a version of gcc/egcs that was compiled on an
i686? =) i think that's the rub.  i happen to be using a version of egcs
that was compiled on a 686.

It might be worth looking through the table for other arch variants.
also, it's a nearly unintelligible error message.  you might add
something more verbose.

thanks
job