'usual' problem with diff paths in Packages vs. hdd layout

Hello,

This is the first time I gave a try to apt, and noticed the same problem
as I reported back then to the maint of dpkg-mountable (you may discuss it
with him if I ain't clear enough).

The problem is that my disk layout is non-standard, eg. there are no
"unstable" or "frozen" links to "hamm". This is fairly valid, and apt
happily handles it, but it try to use the (semi-relative) paths found in
the file called Packages, which is incorrect, since my packages are (for
example) in hamm/hamm/binary-i386/, and *not*
dists/frozen/main/binary-i386/.

It can be solved by using only the "real relative part" of the path, and
not to "guess" my layout behind the directories I entered in the setup.
Dunno how big the work is...

Hope this helps.

bye,
grin