Possible apt bug

Hi,
I am not reporting this through the bug tracking system becasuse there is
only a limited amount of information I have on this. I installed a new hamm
system yesterday. Rather than running dselect after the first reboot, I
installed apt from a floppy (version 0.0.13) and then ran dselect. All
went smoothly until the donwload procedure was stopped by an error due to
a corrupted file in the loca lmirror. I deselected that file and rerun install
and apt just installed all files it had previously downloaded but the rest of
the yet to be downloaded files were "lost" in the sense that to dselect it
appeared as they had never been selected. I am sure I had as some of them
included the Xserver which I am 100% sure I had already selected. I only
realised the problem when I tried to configure X and noticed that I hadn't
been prompted during the installation.

Anyway, I know there is not much you can do about this but in case someone
else sees this, then it's probably worth looking into it.

Thanks,
Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76