Bug in apt 0.0.13 (?)

I was updating a hamm server box using apt 0.0.13 when I got the
following messages:
Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...ok
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0b of archives. After unpacking 0b will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
dpkg: ../../../dpkg/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
E: Sub-process returned an error code
Some errors occured while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again
Press enter to contiune.

dpkg: ../../../dpkg/packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
/usr/lib/dpkg//methods/apt/install: line 14:  6537 Aborted                 dpkg --configure -a

installation script returned error exit status 100.
Press RETURN to continue.

The package is netbase, which upgraded just fine on the other server.

Any help about fixing this, as this is a sensitive package on a
sensitive box, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL       amos@gezernet.co.il  |                     -- Anonymous