Re: ftp method

Hi,
>>"Jason" == Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:

>>  This was not clear. So what does one do? test a file in the ../
>> dir, and what happens if the size does not match? I reget the whole
>> thing?

Jason> It checks only the date of the file in ../ to determine if it
Jason> has changed on the server. The size is never checked beacuse of
Jason> decompression.

	Umm, I am confised, I think.

o) check to see if the ../$file exists,
     if so; test and see of remote times match
       match: Do nothing, (do not check ../file size
       no math: Download ./$file; (never download ../$file)
   else check if ./$file exists
      if so test and see of remote times match
	match: test and see if size is same as remote size
	   same: Do nothing
           different, local file is smaller: resume
           different, local file is larger:  ??????
	nomatch: reget

	Is this a valid depiction of what you want done?

	manoj
--
 "There has been opposition to every innovation in the history of man,
 with the possible exception of the sword." Benjamin Dana