Re: logging

    Jason> I asked about this before, what sort of logging do we want
    Jason> in apt? I was going to arrange to call dpkg through
    Jason> script(1) so that we get a nice log of events, but where
    Jason> should this log go?

Precise logging of everything that apt does to the system would
be a great feature. :)

    Jason> /var/log/apt/dpkg-<DATE> ?

Hm, this sounds okay. And some sort of cron-job that compresses
up logs that are older than a week, deletes logs that are older
than ~3 months or something.

--
Brought to you by the letters I and Q and the number 18.
"X -- because it's extra. Y -- because it's extra." -- TMBG