Re: premature aborts?

On 7 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	Is there a way to build in a trifle more tolerance for the
>  upgrade process? In the session detailed below, a package failed the
>  md5sum, and the whole upgrade stopped dead.

Try the -m option in the new cvs sources, I can't test it easially here so
give it a good run please.

Specifically -m causes it to not print out an error summary and then
attempt to hold back everything that is missing and then run a problem
resolution pass over the result.

Using it in combination with -f is probably not a good idea (it becomes
possible to error out) because I can't assure the system will be correct
if it didn't start out correct and some important package couldn't be
fetched.