Re: Keywords (was: Auto install code)

Brian White wrote:

> > > Speaking of keywords, I still haven't been able to get an OK on this
> > > proposal, it looks like we will not have this information avail by the
> > > time we release.. What should we do?
> >
> > Since we probably won't be releasing deity until Debian 2.1 or so, we
> > still have time to lobby the dpkg folks.
>
> Go ahead and support "Keywords:".  I've heard no objections from them and
> with any luck we'll eventually replace dpkg anyway.

Just to be pendantic, "hopefully dpkg will be merged into the deity
design."  I would always hope that the dpkg command-line tool would
always be available.  Just in future I would like to see it as a front
end to the same back end library we are creating for deity.

I'm sure this is what you meant by the above comment.

I agree that we can probably just start to support "Keywords:" now and
worry about packages providing them later.

later!

Behan

--
Behan Webster     mailto:behanw@verisim.com