UI Draft

I was looking over the UI draft (again :>) and here is a summary of what
is done/not/etc..

(http://www.verisim.com/~behanw/deity/v0.1/deity-ui_0.10.html)

 1. Deity in general
N  1.1 Command-line options -> NONE
N  1.2 Remembering user preferences -> NONE
N  1.3 Deity is run for the first time -> NONE
P  1.4 Keyboard Controls -> Partial
C  1.5 Scrollbars -> COMPLETE (so far)
N  1.6 New Package info feild -> NONE
      (Discussion on policy change halted by Debian)
C  1.7 User-assisted "Automatic" installtion/deletion of packages -> PARTIAL
      (Requires removal checking)
N  1.8 Obsolete packages and package name change transparency -> NONE
      (Discussion reveled that obsolete may be impractical/dangerous to
       detect)

2. Main Screen
  The main screen is not even started/thought about. Currently there is
  no mechanism in Debian to get the information and no pending policy
  to fix this. Consider delaying for a later release.

 3. Selection Screen
C  3.1 Selection Menu -> Complete as a Visual
N     File Menu -> NONE
N     Edit -> NONE
       (Note, select all is impractial)
P     List -> Partial
       (Profile support is missing due to keywords problem)
P     Package -> Partial
       (Lower 3 items work, top 3 pending information about what they do)
P     Options -> Partial
       (Lack of ui design for the preferences dialog, and lack of tool bar
        prevent implementing those options, others options work)
N     Help -> NONE
       (Total lack of display system or content)
N  3.2 Selection Tool Bar -> NONE
     (Consider obsoleting this, it's functions may no longer be
      applicable, discussion please)
C  3.3 Selection List -> COMPLETE
N  3.4 Selection Tabbed Pane -> Place holder
N  3.4.1 Info Tab -> NONE
N  3.4.2 Status Tab -> NONE
N  3.4.3 Keywords Tab -> NONE
      (Implementation pending keywords decision)
N  3.4.4 Changes Tab - > NONE
      (Impractical, no Policy support to get changes data)
C  3.5 Selection Description Pane -> COMPLETE
       (Consider policy for formatting)
C  3.6 Status Bar -> COMPLETE

N 4. Source Screens -> NONE
N  5. Destination Screens -> NONE
   (Held for later releases)
N 6. Profile Screens -> NONE
   (Pending GUI design + content)
N  6.1 User Preferences -> NONE
   (Pending GUI design + content)
N 7. Configuration Modules -> NONE
   (No policy support)
N 8. Installation Screen - >NONE

I think I will check this into the TODO file, it turned out more organized
than I originally thought.

Comments? Especially consider the notes about missing things and why.

I am working on the status display now (completed the description thing
today). Section three is very close to being done.

Alot of the code doesn't not contribute to what is in Behans document but
is allowing implementation of the contents of Behan's doc, ie, I did the
Description wrapping stuff in about 3 hours. The Info tab should be
equally straight forward.

The next big feat is the Source stuff.

Brian, anyone respond to your query this time? :< Maybe a todo list like
this might encourage some joiners, donno. I think Manoj is in Atlanta
right now ..

Scott will be making a .deb of the new stuff on Monday I am told.

Thanks,