Re: Deity Icons

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Behan Webster wrote:

> Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> These icons/buttons look great!  Very professional!

Thanks

> A few small things:
>
> - The suggests icons seems to be missing.

Yeah there are a lot missing still.. I have not done all.. That is a 'work
in progress'-page :)

> - Could you draw Bruce's idea for a conflicts icon so we can see what it
> looks like compared to the red crossed out circle?

Ok will do when I find time...

> - the chain for depends isn't a bad metaphore, but unfortunatly is
> already used in some places (although not in Deity) to represent web
> links.  Perhaps another metaphore might be better?

I see. Have you any suggestions? IMHO a globe represents weblink better..
It is not that easy to come up with icons that create the right
association, especially for all people.. For example the lightning means
some kind of conflict to me (or 'DANGER'), but I guess someone sees it as
'extra power'... So that is not nice if some user wants to set up a 'power
system' :) 'Yo! Me is gonna install all da POWER packages, man!'

> Sorry to be so picky.

No problem.. Ideas are gladly accepted :)

Tuomas

--
tigert@gimp.org