Re: Autoinstall, upgrade, etc

Hi,

	I think I'd like a package on hold (marked as keep) by user
 action be respected. If any package depends on a latter version,
 rather than auto-upgrade I'd like it to be treated as a kinda
 conflict (which can be cleared when the user puts the package on inst
 ot auto).

	If the user has explicitly decided to keep a version, nothing
 automatic should override it. If you upgrade sudo on me now, it would
 break my set up [cron jobs and such], since new versions of sudo are
 broken, but Deity won't know that.

	I know there are warnings and such, but I'd prefer the default
 to be the toher way around. Make me (putting on my user hat) feel
 fuzzy warm in-control of my destiny. Make s me feel *respected*. ;-)

	manoj
--
 I think most expert systems should be referred to as
 "that-guy-in-the-