New and Obsolete

>   - For a new package there should be a little new graphic
>   - For an obsolete package there should be a little "x" (or something
> like that)

Okay, how on earth are we going to do this :>

The only thing I can think of is to keep a list of all previous packages
and match that list against the new list when new packages are downloaded.

But this will mean that if you lose a package file then everything will
become obsolete!

How long will the state of 'new' last? Only for one load or until a new
packages file is pulled down?

Any thoughts on this?