Re: Fwd: Re: Deity Access

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Behan Webster wrote:

> Brian White wrote:
> >
> > > I think we should make it quite clear that the source in CVS is not for
> > > amature compilation and you should expect problems with automake. Actually
> > > I will be surprised if ANYONE gets it to compile.
> >
> > The sadistic side of me says "let 'em suffer".  It's what they wanted,
> > after all.
>
> I must admit, I have been unable to compile the deity sources yet.
> Everytime
> I try to compile things to see what's been done, I run up against one
> error
> or another.  It would be good if we could get the updated tools that we
> need to compile deity packaged up so that compiling the source is
> possible.

Do this, read the README.build file. Check that you have the proper
versions of the packages. Ignore everything it tells you to do.

Then do
   setup.build 2>&1 | tee /tmp/errors
If it doesn't work email me the result and I can see what is going on.
The script should set everything up properly to compile, run automake,
etc. Automake seems to really mess up badly on some machines, I don't know
why.