Re: Timestamp

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On 7 Oct 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> >       A time stamp at install/delete time in the status file for an
> >  audit trail.
>
> I think part of the Deity spec was to have a complete audit trail of what
> was done, so you aught to get your wish. Please add it to your spec :>

You're both right.  There should be a way of getting the install/delete
date.  There will also be a log of all packaging changes made to a
machine.
The first can be read from the second if we wish, or alternatively these
dates can be added to the dpkg database.  Either way.

I can't find these dates shown anywhere in my UI spec!  Drat.  I had
meant to put it in there.  I will endevour to do so for the next
version.

I am currently working on version 0.2 of the UI spec.

Thanks for bearing with me.  I appologise for the wait.  8(

Behan

--
Behan Webster     mailto:behanw@verisim.com
+1-613-224-7547   http://www.verisim.com/