Re: debian packaging manual

Hi,
>>"Jim" == Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> writes:

Jim> The source is SGML (available in the source package for dpkg).
Jim> You can use "debiandoc2ps -1 packaging.sgml" to print it out the
Jim> way you want -- you'll need the debiandoc-sgml package of course.

	In which case, could we have a package that delivers the
 packaging manual in SGML form, so we may process it as we wish? (I
 also wish all info files were also present as texi files, so I could
 run TeX on them).

	I know they are available in the source package, but dselect
 does not know how to get them off the ftp sites.

	Maybe I'm opening a can of worms here. I wish there was an
 easy front end to handle getting individual source packages. So I
 could maybe compile some personally (I can't send Faxes using mgetty
 fax --- I have a US robotics sportster modem -- I need to recompile
 to set some config flags, I think).

	Something a future version of deity should handle?

	manoj

--
 "ARTICLE NUMBERING IS IRRELEVANT.  ENCOURAGEMENT IS IRRELEVANT.  YOU
 WILL BECOME ONE WITH THE BORG." Martin F. Rose