Implicit Depends

I just realized there is an important aspect to the ordering of
installation that I think had been overlooked. If you pay attention to the
policy it says a certain group of packages (Things in Base or of a high
priority) should be assumed to exist and -work-. Ie perl, bash, sed, etc
are required by almost all packages but there is no depends line.

Taking this in mind we should sort the installation by priority as well as
dependancy, so if one of these special things is upgraded it should be
unpacked and configured as soon as possible.

Sound like a sane idea? If you ask me the more predictable the oder of
installation the better off we will be.