Re: Gettext

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Tom Lees wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 02, 1997 at 02:34:03PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> >
> > Tom,
> >
> > Can something be done about the need to patch the /usr/share/aclocal
> > directory to allow it to generate the make files? Can we get these patches
> > included in some upstream source?
>
> What is the actual problem here? If its duplicate .m4 files, I can send a fix
> upstream now (it should use the local version first).

I don't know :> I have just been using your files, it doesn't work
otherwise. I'm not sure about what happens with libc6 though.. Okay, I
just ask Jonnie who has been compiling things and you get some odd
substitution failures:

  make[3]: *** No rule to make target `all-@USE_INCLUDED_LIBINTL@',
     needed by `all'.

And he tells me libintl simply won't build and that configure pukes
similarly. Me and Ben have your aclocal patches installed and have no
problems -- but I really don't know what they do or where they came from
:>