Re: Fwd: Re: Deity Access

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Brian White wrote:

> Could somebody add an INSTALL file saying that there is nothing to install
> yet?

It's worse than that :> Because this is a raw CVS tree it is not ready to
be built by just anyone. It has no configure script, no *.in files etc.
All of those are supposed to be generated by automake and autoconf before
the source is distrubuted (they should not exist in CVS).

Automake has actually added an INSTALL, it's the usual stock GNU one about
configure and make install. Even if you did follow the instructions in
README.build it would -still- not compile (automake bugs) and you would
need a patched gettext, new versions of automake, autoconf and libtool
before you could even start.

I think we should make it quite clear that the source in CVS is not for
amature compilation and you should expect problems with automake. Actually
I will be surprised if ANYONE gets it to compile.

I'm watching Johnie try to compile it, he is having zippo luck.. He got as
far as the automake 'I don't want to link all the objects' bug. Woops, now
he is having gettext problems <sigh>