Re: CVS with r/o patches

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Brian White wrote:

> > > The new CVS with the read/only patches is based on libc6.  Thus, I cannot
> > > install it on the server.  Sorry.
> >
> > Hm, bummer.
> >
> > Can we solicite someone to recompile it for libc5? What would happen if
> > the libc6 .so was installed on your machine along with libc5?
>
> That would be nice.  I don't have a libc5 development machine any more
> or I'd do so.

Okay, I am waiting for the compile to finish on my 486 (24 bogomips! GO!
GO!) and I have one someone else compiled using altdev stuff. My 486 runs
rex mostly so it should work fine.

I'll put them both at http://www.ualberta.ca/~jgg/deity one should work.

Gack, I wish we has source depends :< cvs needs emacs, tetex, debmake and
all kinds of other things I didn't have on that machine to compile :<

The source archive i used was cvs_1.9.10+openbsd-1 and the .deb both bare
that version number.