[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#790443: xfce4-clipman: does not manage the clipboard content properly without xfsettingsd running
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#790443: xfce4-clipman: does not manage the clipboard content properly without xfsettingsd running
- From: lestert at riseup.net (lestert at riseup.net)
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:53:32 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] 559169FC.email@example.com>
* What led up to the situation?
Using xfce4-clipman without xfsettingd running (e.g. using xfce4-clipman
* What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
1. Cutting and pasting files in PCManFM.
2. Copying content to the clipboard in Inkscape.
3. Pasting clipboard content.
* What was the outcome of this action?
1. PCManFM copies files instead of moving them.
2. Inkscape gives an error message about UniConverter failing.
3. Sometimes it does not work unless I click on the content again in the
* What outcome did you expect instead?
I expect xfce4-clipman to work properly in non-XFCE environments.
When installing and running xfsettingsd as a workaround, all of the
above is fixed and works properly.
But running xfsettingsd screws up my Openbox environment, and it should
not be necessary for a standalone instance of xfce4-clipman anyway.
Using clipit instead of xfce4-clipman might be an alternative for some
people, but without xfce4-clipman the screenshot utility
xfce4-screenshooter loses its "copy to clipboard" function, and that
function is the main reason I am using xfce4-clipman in the first place.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 8.1
APT prefers stable
APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386
Kernel: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: sysvinit (via /sbin/init)
Versions of packages xfce4-clipman depends on:
ii libc6 2.19-18
ii libexo-1-0 0.10.2-4
ii libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 2.31.1-2+b1
ii libglib2.0-0 2.42.1-1
ii libgtk2.0-0 2.24.25-3
ii libunique-1.0-0 1.1.6-5
ii libx11-6 2:1.6.2-3
ii libxfce4ui-1-0 4.10.0-6
ii libxfce4util6 4.10.1-2
ii libxfconf-0-2 4.10.0-3
ii libxtst6 2:1.2.2-1+b1
xfce4-clipman recommends no packages.
xfce4-clipman suggests no packages.
-- no debconf information