[Pkg-xfce-devel] intltool and X-XfceSettingsName

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> wrote:
> On ven, 2008-10-17 at 23:32 +0200, Alexander Toresson wrote:
>> I just filed a bug against intltool (#502561) for the problem causing
>> X-XfceSettingsName to not be translated. I guess this is affecting
>> lenny (if lenny packages were built after intltool 0.40.0 was
>> introduced), but as I'm not running the packaged xfce, I haven't
>> checked. It would anyway affect anyone installing xfce from upstream
>> (the upcoming 4.6 release or trunk) on lenny, and also unstable at the
>> moment, as even it only has 0.40.3 (it was fixed in 0.40.4).
>
> Yes, packages are affected. I talked a bit with Lo?c Minier about that,
> but as the 4.6 packages are not for Lenny, that's not an urgent fix we
> absolutely need to push, if we are the only victims of this bug.

Ah, sorry, I thought this affected 4.4.x too, as I had a faint memory
it was used in it too, but apparently my memory has failed me.
Anyway, good news: Jordi Malach appears positive to include a newer
version of intltool (0.40.3+patch or even 0.40.4) in lenny, but was
gonna discuss it with team members.

// Alexander