[Pkg-xfce-devel] Holding off xfce4 uploads until current packages migrate to testing

(I was this > < close to sending this mail yesterday, but unfortunately I
didn't, so it'll take a bit longer than expected.)

Hi guys!

I just wanted to drop a note to say that, in case you hadn't looked at
bjorn.haxx.se/debian much, the libxfce4util transition is almost ready
to enter testing.

I'm tracking it here:

  http://ftp-master.debian.org/~adeodato/migration/libxfce4util.html

This is one of those transitions where a soname bump forces to all
rdepending packages to enter testing at the same time. Since this is
sometimes hard to achieve, and real danger exists that the transition
couples itself with others, making it hell, it's really in everybody's
benefit to get this kind of transitions done ASAP.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you to hold off if possible any
uploads
any of the packages in the linked page until they have made into
testing, since each upload resets the day-counter. If in doubt, please
contact me or debian-release@lists.debian.org.

I just spotted the exo 0.3.1.8beta2-2 upload, and regretted not having
sent this mail sooner. As said above, it'll take now a few more days.
(But please do not worry about having uploaded that package. We are well
aware we fail to efficiently communicate maintainers when it's a bad
time for certain uploads of their packages, and I have in my TODO list
to integrate such informations in the PTS.)

Many thanks for your cooperation and your work!

Adeodato Sim?                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                           Listening to: Joaqu?n Sabina - Una de romanos