Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 09:13:19PM +0100, Matthijs Mohlmann wrote:
> I'm new to the list and want to join the xfce4 crew. I'm using the
> pacakges listed on:
> deb http://the.earth.li/~huggie/xfce4 ./
> These packages are working very well. I don't have problems with them.
> Probably there are some bugs but i didn't find them yet.
No, it's all lies. There are no bugs. Honest.
> I have a few notes for the following bugs:
> This bug is fixed upstream and can have the tag fixed-upstream
Actually I think that's hit unstable in the 4.0.6 packages. I think it
needs a ping of the submitter and then if they agree to be closed.
> After it's build with libstart notification i don't have any problems. I
> think it can be closed in the next release.
It has been post 4.0.5 (see the bug). I've seen it working some of the
time but haven't really tried to track it down much.
> Needs the tag wontfix
No, I disagree. I changed the title to "should Suggest:
x-window-system-core" as that's what I think should happen. I've just
not actually done it yet.
> Yes we know there is a new upstream release available ;)
Yeah but I've commented and said so in that bug.
> I couldn't reproduce this bug. Probably it needs the tag: unreproducible
Yeah possibly. Add it if you think it helps.
> Probably we can upload the current 4.2 packages to experimental and
> make a smooth transition from 4.0 to 4.2 and then maybe we can update
> to xfce 4.2 into Sarge.
Yes, this would be great (though 4.2.1 is imminent next weekend last I
heard). I can't upload anything at all at the moment and Martin
Loschwitz (who is in name if nothing else the Maintainer:) has been busy
for the past few months it seems.
> One other question:
> We have a nice svn repository on alioth why are the debian directories
> in desktop empty ?
Well, I can't upload anything just yet - I don't have a key in the
keyring as I've not formally finished NM - my report is pending and
indeed Martin promised it by the 5th March a few weeks back.
If I could I'd have uploaded what was there to experimental already.
There are 20 odd source packages so unless you're Martin or me it's
probably hard to check them over and sponsor them into the archive
though I'm happy for anyone with a key to do that - talk to me by
email/irc (huggie on oftc/freenode/ircnet) if you want pointers as to
why something is the way it is.
I need to talk to Martin about group maintaining them. I don't think
there will be a problem with that given I've mostly been maintaining
them for the past year or so but I need to check and before I put the
debian dirs in SVN I want to talk to him about it but like I say
Martin's been insanely busy as far as I can tell.
FWIW I'd be happy/happier with 4.2.1 shipping with sarge than 4.2.0 if
only because they've had a bugfix cycle since the release of 4.2.0. But
I still suspect with the NEW queue the way it is and my not having a key
in the keyring this won't happen though. So apologies for that.
=2E.. "A l'attaque par Junon" "Aoh! Choquant. Ce ne sont pas des gentils
hommes" -- Ast=E9rix chez les Bretons.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----