Re: gallium in mesa 7.5

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 13:57 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

> this builds gallium in all configurations, which is probably not what we
> want.  It seems only the swx11 configs actually build a libGL, the rest
> has empty GALLIUM_STATE_TRACKERS_DIRS.
>
> Michel, in which configurations does it make sense to build gallium, and
> what should we build?
> Should we ship any of it?  If so, what and in what package?

Lots of good questions... not sure I can give a good answer for all of
them, might want to ask mesa3d-dev as well.

I think the softpipe/xlib libGL could be an alternative for
libgl1-mesa-swx11 (and maybe cell/xlib for the PS3, though I'm not sure
everything needed to build that is available in Debian at this time).

i915simple/drm/intel could be an alternative for i915_dri.so from
libgl1-mesa-dri, but note that I think it only supports i9[14]5 3D
cores. OTOH r300/drm/radeon probably doesn't make sense yet for various
reasons.

There's also the nouveau DRI drivers...

Maybe some EGL stuff could be useful as well, but I don't really know
much about that.

These are some of the possibilities from an upstream POV... not sure how
best to translate them into Debian packaging.