Re: Debian Menu transition

Bill Allombert wrote:
> An issue is that xbase-clients includes both very useful low-level X11
> applications and a bunch of outdated higher-level X11 applications,
> so it is installed on a large proportion of desktop systems but
> and it is problematic to fill the menu with a lot of obsolete X11 apps
> that no one ever use.  It could be useful to split the package in two.

It's already being split in experimental actually. We now have:
x11-apps, x11-utils, x11-xserver-utils, x11-session-utils,
x11-xfs-utils, x11-xkb-utils, xauth, xinit
(only the first 3 of them contain some programs that could go in the menu)

> Personnally, I would put the clocks in Games/Toys and xclipboard in
> Applications/Accessibility, xditview in Application/Viewers, and
> xvidtune in Application/System/Hardware.

I am ok with dropping xsetroot from the menu. And all the above looks
fine, except xclipboard but I don't have anything better for it.

Thanks for feedback,
Brice