Re: xorg-server: Changes to 'debian-experimental'

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 01:22:02AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Thu, Aug  2, 2007 at 00:43:49 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I successfully built xorg-server 2:1.3.99.0-1, and.. it seems to run
> > fine (well, ok, I write that, and five minutes later it dies with
> > SIGSEGV).
> > AFAICS, what's needed for an upload to experimental is:
> > - an updated mesa package, mesa_7_0_branch has everything needed thanks
> >   to Michel (but see below)
> > - pixman out of NEW
>
> This has now happened (yay).

\o/ Finally!

> > - a new xorg package with updated driver ABI versions
> > - rebuilt drivers
>
> I've pushed my current xserver tree to the debian-server1.4 branch at
> http://git.debian.org/?p=users/jcristau/xorg-server.git and packages at
> http://users.alioth.debian.org/~jcristau/debian/
> In the next days I'll try to build a bunch of drivers and the xorg
> package.  I don't know if we'll want to use experimental for this now,
> or if it'd be better to use a repo on pkg-xorg.alioth.debian.org and
> advertise that on blogs and stuff to get some testing?  Using
> experimental means packages get built on a few architectures, but it
> means we can't use it for driver updates like ati 6.6.193.  What do you
> think?

Rock. I like the idea of using pkg-xorg instead of people.debian.org (which
I did in the past) a lot. Let me know when you get the repo set up and I'll
blog about it. All the drivers are built from the stuff that's in git,
right? Except for -ati, that's all in the -unstable branches, iirc. I'm
going to start a frenzy of patching the drivers today so that they can be
autoloaded, and I want to be sure I'm committing to the right branches for
what you're building.

 - David Nusinow