Re: xorg-server: Changes to 'debian-experimental'

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 12:43:49AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I successfully built xorg-server 2:1.3.99.0-1, and.. it seems to run
> fine (well, ok, I write that, and five minutes later it dies with
> SIGSEGV).
> AFAICS, what's needed for an upload to experimental is:
> - an updated mesa package, mesa_7_0_branch has everything needed thanks
>   to Michel (but see below)
> - pixman out of NEW
> - a new xorg package with updated driver ABI versions
> - rebuilt drivers
> I'm AFK for a few days starting tomorrow, so if nobody beats me to it
> I'll take care of that next week.
> xprint and xdmx fail to build because of the hal/dbus changes, so I've
> disabled them in the debian-experimental branch for now.  I don't think
> they should hold up an upload to experimental though.
>
> I'd also like to get mesa 7.0.1 in sid, which requires an update to
> xorg-server.  Brian plans to release 7.0.1 on friday, and I have the
> changes to xorg-server ready on a local branch, so hopefully I'll also
> do it next week.

This all sounds good to me. My only worry, and the main reason I've been
holding off on doing this myself, is that I don't know if the driver ABI is
really stable yet. I suppose if it gets changed again I can bump it in the
upstream HEAD so we don't really lose anything though.

 - David Nusinow