Random system freeze after update to 6.9.0

Hello,
after updating xorg to 6.9.0 (testing) I experience random system
freezes. No SysRq, no everything, total halt.
(Kernel 2.6.15 from kernel.org)

I have a Thinkpad X31 with ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY.
I googled around and gathered that this is a well known bug in the
radeon driver, there are bug reports for this on Novell's bugzilla as
well as on xorg's mailing list.
I understand that Benjamin Herrenschmidt is trying to find a solution
for this and maybe already has a fix pending in CVS.

My problem is that right now, 6.9.0 is unusable as long as it takes
down the whole system. Where can I get the xorg-server package of
6.8.2 to downgrade temporarily?

I looked into the pool directory of ftp.de.debian.org and found only the
recent 6.9.0 one.

Please CC on reply.

Thanks,
Daniel