Re: xserver-xorg 6.8.2 deb file anyone?

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:55 +0000, Roger Gammans wrote:

> Im not entirely sure though why the bug which seems to have been
> reported by others didn't block the transistion into testing, but that
> part of debian is a bit of a black box to me.

Probably because it's a relatively minor regression in the big Debian
picture.

FWIW, some people have reported that Option "ColorTiling" "off" works
around the problem. If you can confirm that, it should be fairly easy to
come up with a workaround patch that disables colour tiling with dual
head. In the long term however, someone should do a binary CVS search to
find the offending change.