Re: Modular Xapps

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 20:51 -0500, David Nusinow wrote:

>    Currently what I've set up in svn and on my hard drive is to actually
> continue bundling the xapps in to large source packages matching the
> packages we have in 6.9 (xutils and xbase-clients). Ubuntu has them split
> in to individual source packages, with metapackages built from the xorg
> source package pulling them all together. I'm inclined to continue bundling
> the apps for at least this release cycle, but I'm willing to unbundle them
> Ubuntu-style if others think this is desireable. Does anyone have a
> preference or anything?

Most of them probably won't see much independent development, so keeping
them together might save some effort. This may not be true for some like
xdriinfo, but they can always be moved to their own source packages if
this turns out to be the case.

BTW, what's the plan for glxinfo and glxgears? Can't seem to find them
anywhere in this.