Re: -5 Soon?

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 05:08, David Nusinow wrote:
>    I've got all the fixes I needed to get in for -5. I still need to
> update the MANIFEST stuff for Zephenia's patch, but other than that I'm
> good to go for it. Does anyone have any fixes they really want to get
> in for this release that I should hold off for? I'm still hoping that
> this will be the last release I have to make of 6.9, maybe ever :-)

You are probably aware of this, but...
You may want to investigate with RM first why -4 version hasn't made it to
testing yet. With my D-I RM hat on, I'd still like to see X migrate to
testing ASAP.

Looking at [1], I would say it's the packages that become uninstallable:

Updating xorg-x11 makes 22 non-depending packages uninstallable on i386:
beep-media-player-dev, clusterssh, exmh, fglrx-driver, fglrx-driver-dev,
iconc, karbon, koffice, krita, kword, kxstitch, labplot, libdockapp-dev,
liblineak-dev, libosmesa4-dev, librmagick-ruby, librmagick-ruby1.8,
libsoqt-dev, mesag-dev, openthesaurus-de-kword, rss-glx, tclmagick

The fact that a dbus update is part of the picture makes a quick migration
look quite unlikely though :-(

Cheers,
Frans

[1] http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=xorg-x11;expand=1

P.S. Wanted to congratulate you on getting the packaging for the modular
server together. So, well done!