Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r1125 - in branches/modular/data/xkbdata-X11R7.0-1.0.1: . debian

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 04:23:24PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 12:11:46AM -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> > >
> > > Right.  Ubuntu have been shipping xk-c as the default for a while now,
> > > and it's been fantastic.
> >
> > Sweet. Ok, then depending on Denis we can dump this package all together.
> > Denis, when do you think xkeyboard-config will be ready for unstable?
>
> You can grab the basic packaging from Ubuntu and update it to the new
> upstream (0.7); you'll just have to grab our xlibs package too (xorg
> source package) to deal with the conffile migration.

But this mass conffile migration is a pain, isn't it?
I would really prefer to have XKB files outside of /etc.  Sysadmins can
already put their own files in /etc/X11/xkb and set $XKBPATH if they
want to modify official files.

Denis