Re: patch audit - 099*.diff

Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org> wrote:

>> rediffed patches attached for all of these.

>> $Id: 099d_Imake.rules_fix_RawCppFileTarget.diff 1703 2004-07-29 09:52:03Z=
>  branden $
>>=20

> Do not apply this patch.  It breaks all UTF-8 locales, because it also
> modifies the way locale data is processed.  If you look in
> changelog.Ubuntu, it explicitly mentions that this patch was removed
> because it not only broke locales, but also still left the manpages
> broken in the same way.

actually my understanding (from a parallel change) was that the compiler
behavior changed, making the patch obsolete last year.  I noted a random
comment in another quarter regarding locale, but found no reliable information
regarding this.  Perhaps you can point to some discussion on it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net