Status update (was: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r259 - trunk/debian)

On 2005-06-24 David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> wrote:
[..]
>    Here's the updated status of what's going on. With the ftp-master move
> in progress, I decided to skip uploading the current packages to
> experimental as planned. Instead what I've done is uploaded them to my
> space on people.debian.org[0]. I've been told that this server won't be one
> of those moving, so it should remain up during the transition. These
> packages are snapshots of our current status and are exactly the packages
> that would have gone in to experimental.
>
>   After talking with a number of people, I've decided that we should
> simply go straight for unstable with our first real upload.
[...]

Hello,
The big downside of uploading directly to unstable is that you as
package maintainers have got little influence when the package
*actually* hits unstable, as it has to go through NEW-processing.

This is just a general observation, I've no idea whether X would have
problems with that (perhaps you are going to be prioritized anyway).

        thanks for your work, cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/